The meeting is on 12/13/2018 from 7pm sharp to 9pm at Taix French Restaurant www.taixfrench.com. If you require fingerprinting for the State Bar arrive at 6pm. Dinner will be served promptly at 7pm. Cost is $109.00 payable to CDLA (or Credit Card or PayPal Josh Dale). No payments at the door please.
(1) The first Speaker of the Evening will be John MacDonald of John MacDonald Insurance Services who will spend 15 - 20 minutes on the new SB-1046 and how it affects 13350, 13353 etc ... See the Text of the Bill here .... https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201520160SB1046.
John MacDonald will answer any question AFTER dinner as this will be an Information packed event with no time for questions during the meeting. Contact John anytime at http://jmacins.com/
(2) Under California Rule of Court Rule 9.9.5, all active attorneys licensed in California must be re-fingerprinted. The State Bar is requiring attorneys to resubmit fingerprints by April 30, 2019.
Beginning at 6pm and lasting through dinner will be Private Investigator, Mr. Cameron Jackson present to Fingerprint those who have not already completed this for the State Bar. The price will be $74.00 (not that inflated $78.00 fee that some were recently gouged for). More information about the process and fee can be found in the link below.
The total for each attorney would be $74.00.
The pre-populated form for attorneys is contained in the link below for CalBar's website. When the attorney logs into their account via the link below, CalBar has pre-populated the form with all of their personal and professional data to minimize the amount of headache. Be sure each attorney logs in to the link below and downloads and prints out the form PRIOR TO THE DINNER MEETING.
Best Private Investigator - 2017, OC Weekly
Certified Professional Investigator
Certified Social Media Intelligence Expert
CA Licensed Investigator and CALI Member
Orange District Governor CALI 2018-2019
C. Jackson Investigations, Inc.
4340 Von Karman Avenue
Newport Beach, CA 92660
(3) SAVING THE BEST FOR LAST - JON ARTZ AND RON LOPEZ.
The TOPICS will be:
Ron Lopez on:
* Acceptable Medical Practice (AMP) It's not enough to establish that deviations from AMP occurred, “the judge has to feel it” (P. Johnson, 2017)
* Why the DMV APS is a great tool (S. Levy, 2017)
* What can possibly come out of a police station site inspection? - plenty
* What can possibly come out of them not allowing a police station site inspection? - plenty (M. Norris, 2016)
* The all-important forensic interview of the client
* Expert's recommendations for Direct on the officer
* Expert's recommendations for Direct on the phlebotomist
* The beauty of an AMP appeal
* The expert is there for you - but only if vice versa
*"Get your ass out of the chair" and similar courtroom tactics that work every time.
* Medical conditions mimicking drunkenness.
* Head injury
* Accidental ingestion, OTC and Rx meds
* Auto-Brewery Syndrome ... to name but a few
BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE
* A few words about the GERD defense
* GERD defined
* PAS sampling conditions, environmental; physiologic
Then Jon Artz on:
* 4th amendment Issues
* Hospital concerns
* Consent tips and tricks.
AND FINALLY ....
A LIVE DIRECT EXAMINATION OF RON LOPEZ BY JON ARTZ REGARDING CONSENT AND AMP.
Please arrive at 6:00 p.m. and meet your colleagues in the cocktail lounge. As always, this is a 3 course no-host bar meal including unlimited soft drinks, tea and lemonade. Coffee and dessert included. The menu will consist of either
(1) Short Ribs Provencal OR
(2) Chicken Vol Au Vent with Mushroom Sauce over Puff pastry shell OR
(3) Salmon Filet in Champagne Sauce OR
(4) Mushroom Risotto
Taix French Restaurant has been hosting our meetings for years. They just celebrated 91 years in business this year. Visit their website at www.taixfrench.com. Full No Host Bar. Valet Parking.
The cost for CDLA members and non-CDLA members is $109.00. Speakers and Vendors are comped but get me your meal selections asap. Please send a check or money order to my office address below payable to CDLA for $109.00 and write your meal selection on your payment. Hope to see you there along with our vendors!